From:
Deirdre Bourbon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 07:49:56 +0800

Dear all,

I'm currently in the middle of a court case regarding an accident that I
sustained four years ago. The insurance company has tried to argue in court
that my ongoing hip and spine problems are due to fibromyalgia, which I
have had for 12 years, not the injury. I went on a gf diet two years ago
and all my fibromyalgia symptoms disappeared within three weeks, and
reappear within one week of eating gluten, so my doctors know that my
symptoms are an autoimmune reaction to the gluten. Does anyone have any
good information, or even similar stories, on this matter that I can give
to my lawyer? The magistrate has never heard of gluten, let alone what an
allergy to it can cause, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Dee

Deirdre C.P. Bourbon
Research Associate, Aboriginal Research Program
National Centre for Research into the Prevention of Drug Abuse
Curtin University of Technology
GPO Box U1987                   4th Level, 679 Murray Street
Perth 6845                      West Perth WA 6005
***New phone and fax numbers as of 14th of july***
PH: +618 9426 4200
FX: +618 9486 9477