From:
sj zickel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 20:56:47 -0800

Hi -
I'm new & doing some research about gluten intolerance/celiac due to a
self diagnosis and lack of doctor knowledge. I have a point of confusion
though -

If allergy is ruled out, and someone is definitely gluten intolerant,
does that by default make them celiac?  I am trying to fund out what
other possible diagnosis gluten intolerance could be except celiac.

Documentation is kind of fuzzy in this area.  I've read articles that
mention... "whether someone has gluten intolerance or full blown celiac"
... making it sound like there is some inbetween state.

Is gluten intolerance highly probable to be celiac, just not medically
diagnosed (blood test, biopsy)?  or Is there a non-celiac gluten
intolerance definition?

Thanks
Jennifer Zickel