From:
Joyce Jamerson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joyce Jamerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2006 09:56:41 -0500

Thank you, friends, for the good responses.  There were several very kind
and helpful suggestions.  My comments will be in brackets.

One suggestion mentioned the link between oxalate and purines and mentioned
supplementing Pantothenic Acid and Quercetin.  [After my checkup, I may
tinker with supplementation again, but had so many failures, will need to
research that before I do].

One asked if I had considered sulfite sensitivity and/or high histamine.  [I
have not done too much investigating into those things, but plan to do so].

One suggested it might be a yeast problem, and two suggested the SCD diet.
[From past experience, I doubt it's a yeast problem.  I've had that in the
past, but don't eat sugar and very few starches.  My fatigue doesn't worsen
after eating those things.  As for the SCD, several years ago, I was
faithfully on that diet for 1 1/2 years and could see no progress.  In fact,
there was a great deal on that diet I couldn't tolerate, contributing to the
weight loss I experienced then....and now, I'm intolerant to almonds.   I'm
actually very close to that diet, but now, with my limitations, would find
compliance very difficult as I can't tolerate beans, dairy or almonds].

One suggested a good dietitian or nutritionist.  [While in Florida, I spent
time with a clinical nutritionist, and he was much too agressive in
supplementing, putting my body into severe reactions and gave me so much
calcium, I was developing kidney stones!  Is my luck just rotten? or what!]

One mentioned water testing.  [The water here is good and when we moved here
two years ago, we installed a reverse osmosis water filter].

Another filled me in on her families experience with oxalates and made
suggestions as to web sites, etc.  [We actually had corresponded before on
this issue, but since my move and computer crash, had lost the info.  Good
to be in touch once more.  Sharing ideas is always profitable!  Sometimes we
just need a brain bump].  (*~*)

One just wrote to wish me well, which was the highlight of my day.  Some
people can be so kind.

Conclusion:  I think I know what I did.  It just came to me yesterday.
Actually it's encouraging.  I was
just boggled as to why I was regressing.  I had found Quinoa flakes, and had
been eating that as a hot cereal about once a week for the last month- being
so tickled to find another food.  Never thought to check the oxalate
content.  When I get a dose of oxalate, I can usually tell within two hours
with that burning fibro type pain.  For some reason, Quinoa never affected
me that way.    The oxalate content of all foods is just hard to know/trace,
but I did "google" that last night, and found quinoa to be very high - equal
to spinach!
Yikes.  I had just poisoned myself in a big way!  But I guess that means
there is some healing going on, since I didn't react immediately as I once
did.
I did make an appt. for a checkup with my internist, so I'll have blood work
then and see if anything else is out of balance.  I'm slightly better, but
it'll take a while.
Thank you all for your help.  There are suggestions that I will work on in
the future.

Best wishes and good health,
Joyce in Al.