From:
iluvcab2 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 10:01:02 -0500

I made a mistake. It was a recipe from Rose Levy Beranbaum's book is
"Rose's Christmas Cookies" ISBN#0-688-10136-4 ( I believe these are more
of a Hanukah tradition.) I also noticed the Arrowhead baking flour blend
that I substituted (along with one half teaspoon xanthum per cup) has
some baking powder in it - this may have helped keep them from being too
dense - you may want to keep this in mind if substituting a different
brand.  By the way, we just served them for a family party last night
and they (the cookies) all disappeared.

p.s.

I did find this recipe on line. It uses the same ingredients as for the
"real" Ruglach (the original recipe is double the recipe that follows
and makes four balls of dough that are rolled out and cut into 12 wedges
each.) I guess just the assembly is different since these are an "un-
rolled" version. So, if you are familiar with making Rugelach, and can
figure out the assembly for yourself, this should work fine:
http://www.starchefs.com/HolidayBaking/xmascookies99/xmasCookies/
recipe_04.html