From:
Warren Jordan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 21:27:53 +1100

Dear Members,
Thank you so much to the thirty five people who responded to my
question, and sorry for the l-o-n-g delay in providing this summary.
This is the second time I have written this summary as a family member
accidently wiped it from the computer the first time. Please excuse if I
have overlooked any responses. Firstly I am not Warren, I am Andrea.

Summary- Aching Legs and Hips

Possible causes -
  a.. Malabsorbtion of certain vitamins and minerals
  b.. Arthritis
  c.. Bone disorders - Osteoporosis, Osteomalacia - these are related to
the malabsorbtion of calcium.
  d.. Sensivitity to dairy products.
  e..  Underlying food sensitivity brought about by eating a lot of the
same types of food and not keeping the diet rotated enough.
  f.. Not enough attention paid to the little things - don't lick
envelopes, no chap sticks, double check on ingredients of vitamins, cold
medicines, lipsticks, hair products etc.
  g.. Fybromyalgia.  Find a good Rheumatologist and get checked for
this.
  h.. Sciatica.  Try supplementing with Vitamin B.
  i.. Circulatory problems.  Exercise is probably best for this.
  j.. Low in magnesium.
  k.. Accidental gluten ingestion.

Suggestions -
  a.. Have the doctor run a blood panel to identify your vitamin and
mineral needs.
  b.. Are you taking clacium, zinc, B12 and folic acid plus a one a day
vitamin?
  c.. Have a bone density scan.
  d.. Exercise as much as possible.
  e.. Accupuncture, Shiatsu, Napropathy in concert with herbs may help.
  f.. Homoeopathic remedies such as Nre Era (R), Magnesium Phosphate.
  g.. One person suggested Estrogen (the pill) and the pain went slowly
away.
  h.. Try Don Wis's Paleolithic diet.