From:
Jane Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 13:21:36 EDT

I just want to thank everyone who helped me with my Celiac daughter going to
Australia.  I recieved tons of letters with helpful advise and support.  It
made me feel so much better and took a weight off my shoulders!

She left last Wed. night.  She brought a bag of special foods with her on the
plane.  It included packaged pasta, cookies, her favorite salad dressing, as
well as freshly made bread, muffins, and a few chocolate chip cookies.
Everything passed through customs like a breeze!  She said they went through
two checkpoints, they asked her her age once and if she had any fruits,
veges, meats, etc.  She told them what she had and that it was for a special
diet and they sent her through without even looking in her bag!

She's having a ball and said gluten-free eating is not a problem at all.

Thank you again everyone for all your assistance.  I can't possibly respond
to each person who wrote...there was about 100 e-mails in all.

Jane