From:
CC Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CC Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2007 05:09:45 -0700

I called Marie's Dressings to find out if any of their dressings contained gluten.  "Oh no!"  I was told, "they are gluten free, preservative free."  So I bought Caesar's and Honey Mustard...re-reading both labels.  Then I bought Blue Cheese.  At home, I re-read the label only to find "Contains Wheat" in bold print.  I again called the company and asked specifically, "Does Blue Cheese dressing contain gluten?"  And again I was told "No."  So I pointed out to customer service that I indeed have a bottle in front of me with the words "Contains Wheat" which means "gluten".  She could not offer an explanation.  She would have someone call me.  No one did so I emailed the same complaint, being promised an answer.  Weeks later I re-emailed, still no answer, except for: "I would like to take this opportunity to thank  you for your patience with this matter. We are currently investigating this and  awaiting a reply.
  Once again, please accept our apologies  for your inconvenience, and our  thanks for  bringing this matter to our attention.   We hope that  we can continue to count you among our truly valued."
Today, I am going to call on them again.  I will not let this go unanswered.
Please be cautious of this product!  I have eaten the Caesar's and Honey Mustard without a reaction.  But I dare not try Blue Cheese!