From:
"Rebecca W. Buffum" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 21:59:27 -0400

Hi-

I think this is probably a stupid question, but for some reason I can't
figure this out right now (too much studying??):

I know there is much debate over the gluten content of distilled vinegar
and whether the distillation process destroys any potential gluten. If
this is indeed the case, wouldn't the same hold true for alcohols
distilled from grains? (i.e non-potato or corn vodkas?) I have never
heard anyone argue that these could be tolerated in the same way that
distilled vinegar might be.

And many thanks for the Boston nutritionist tips and general tips!! I
can summarize if there is any interest.

Becca