From:
Terri Quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terri Quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 17:28:26 -0800

  Thanks very much to all who responded to my post about my sister who is pregnant but not gaining much weight. Many of you asked for an update. I am very happy to report that she has gained 6 pounds since Thanksgiving!!! I think the high-risk doctor really must have scared her into getting past the nausea and just eating anyway. They have not estimated the size of the baby though, so we don't know how much of the weight was her and how much was baby but she says she has really 'popped,' meaning her belly has gotten much bigger.

  Many of you related your experiences and many suggested that she at least try the diet. I did forward many of these responses to her and she said she would check with her doctor again, but she hasn't as yet. I don't have much hope of her going gluten-free, but I felt like I wanted her to have the information and be able to make her own choice.

  Several responses directed me to the entrolab website http://www.enterolab.com/ for their tests and suggested that the blood test can miss a lot of cases. Again I forwarded this to her.

  Some of you suggested I cook/bake for her, I should have mentioned she is in MA and I am in PA, so that isn't an option. She does know a fair amount about the diet because of me and there are places up there that carry food, if she were to choose to.

  Thanks very much to all of you who took the time to write.

Yahoo! Shopping