Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 00:25:04 -0400

Thought y'all might be interested in this reply that I
received from Dannon regarding my query about the gluten
content of their yogurts.
Shelia

***
Dannon yogurt products are characterized as either gluten
safe or not gluten safe.  Our
Dannon Plain Lowfat, Plain Nonfat and Plain Natural are all
gluten safe.  All other
Dannon yogurts cannot be designated as gluten safe because
the natural flavor systems
used might have ingredients added to stabilize the flavor.
The stabilizing ingredients may
be derived from gluten sources.

For our valued consumers that may have allergenic risks
associated with gluten, our
products are not specifically formulated to contain gluten
but we cannot guarantee that
the alcohol portion of the natural flavor system is always
derived from corn and not from
wheat, oats, rye and barley.

We hope this information is helpful to you.  As an
additional resource, you may wish to
visit the website: www.celiac.com/safe_forbidden.html.  Once
again, thank you for
contacting Dannon.