From:
Bill Elkus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 1997 09:00:48 EDT

For those on egg-free dairy-free GF diets, Gillian's will create (on request)
batches of their delicious buns to suit your diet.  My 10 year old strongly
prefers Gillians to every other GF commercial baked product I have purchased
(bagels, breads, rolls).  Here is a copy of a prior post about Gillian's buns.

Bill Elkus
Los Angeles

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Date:         Wed, 16 Apr 1997 12:01:14 -0400
From:         [log in to unmask]

As a lazy and generally incompetent baker, I am always on the lookout for new
products, and you all have helped out enormously with that.  I've only been
gluten-free for about six months, so I still miss wheat bread products
desperately, and have been unhappy with many rice breads I've baked or
bought.  So I was very happy to find George's English muffins in my local
(suburban Boston) health food store, despite the rather exorbitant price tag.

 However the following week I then tried "Wheat Free - Gluten Free - Lactose
Free French Rolls" by Gillian Foods.  The ingredients are:
   white rice flour            soy flour             yeast
   tapioca flour               guar gum              salt
   water                       egg whites            sucanat

These were delicious --- way better than George's  I thought --- and were a
dollar cheaper for a bag of six rolls than the bag of four muffins.

  Gillians is in Revere MA, at 617-286-4095, and the rolls were frozen so I
imagine they can be shipped anywhere.  So lazy bakers of America, look for
them...they made a great roll for my gluten-free Boca Burger lunch!

Julie