From:
Leslie Fishell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 20:38:57 EDT

Dear List,

I have used Red Star nutritional yeast for many years as a source of B
vitamins. It always boosts my energy considerably after I have taken it
several days in a row. I take quite a lot: 3 T. a day. I know some people do
not tolerate yeast, and this is not the greatest taste-treat, but it might be
worth a try for some people who are desperate for energy, as I often am.

I recently e-mailed Red Star  to be sure that it is still gf, and I received
this reply:

Thank you for your interest in Red Star Nutritional yeast.  The products
that we produce as nutritional yeast are all "gluten" free.  Absolutely no
wheat gluten is used in the fermentation or down stream production of the
nutritional products.

Richard Wine
Business Development Manager & Nutritional
Red Star Yeast & Products

Leslie in Calif.