From:
"Christine E Dropik" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 1996 14:01:32 -0600

I call this cornbread 1/4 cup cornbread because that is almost the only
measuring tool you need so it makes making it really simple... and it is
wonderful! (delicious right out of the oven with maple syrup and good cold
the next day too!)

Dry Ingredients
1/4 c. cornstarch
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. baby rice cereal
1/2 c. rice flour
3/4 c. yellow cornmeal
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. guar gum (xanthum gum)
1/2 tsp. salt

Wet Ingredients
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. applesauce
1/4 c. oil
1 c. milk

Mix wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately.  Then mix them together.

Spray round baking pan with nonstick spray, add mixture and bake at 350  for
25 min or until golden brown. ( I use a convectionaire oven which seems to
bake faster.... I set it at just over 300 degrees for 25 min.) Test it with
a knife too in the center...if knife comes out clean, it's done.  Enjoy!
Christine Dropik
Planning and Information Management
208 Johnston Hall
612-624-1008 - fax: 612-624-6839