From:
Lili Corn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 23:59:42 -0400

Thank you to everyone who replied, and I'm sorry it's taken so long to
write a summary!

I had asked if it was safe to share a toaster oven with non-celiacs even
if it's cleaned after every use.

For the most part, the replies I got stated that to be on the safe side,
it was best to get a separate machine.  Several others suggested the use
of tin foil around anything placed in a possibly contaminated toaster
oven.  One person said she uses the regular oven for waffles and such
since she is the only celiac in the house.  She warned to pay carefull
attention, however, since they are easily burned.

As a test, I went without my wonderful gf waffles for a week, and my DH
rash is going away.  I guess that was the proof I needed- time to buy a
toaster oven of my very own. :) thanks again- lili