From:
Amy Blumenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 16:00:25 EST

Thanks to everyone who replied about g-f candy for Halloween.  I was amazed to
see how many products are said to be safe, and now feel I have needlessly
deprived my daughter in the past.  Since Charlie replied to the list with his
long catalogue of g-f candies, I need not summarize them here.  But I'll pass
along a few strategies that listmembers generously shared with me in case they
can help any other parents this Friday:

One parent distributes g-f candy in advance to friends and neighbors to be
given to her child when he rings the bell.  The child doesn't know, of course.

Some parents keep a stash of g-f candy at home, to be traded for any unsafe
candy the child collects.

Others buy back the unsafe candy for a price per piece that's negotiated in
advance.

Happy Halloween all!
Amy (Ohio, U.S.A.)