From:
Lisa Kim <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:33:06 -0500

I recently saw some spelt tortillas made by Rudi's.  I inquired to the listowner who kindly forwarded me information which led me to conclude that I, as a celiac, will not attempt to eat spelt.  I know there are others on this list, though, who are wheat sensitive. Because I thought Rudi's response to my inquiry was kind and thorough, I thought I'd pass it on to those who might be interested in trying.

In the meantime, I continue my search for a decent tortilla...

Lisa

I have no personal or financial interest in this company, BTW.

Dear Lisa,
Spelt is an ancient relative of wheat from Egypt and it is often an excellent alternative for those with wheat sensitivities.  Spelt does contain its own gluten, however, so it may not be appropriate for your diet.  You would need to consult with your health care physician or nutritionist or possibly a website for Celiac Sprue to determine if spelt can be included in your diet.
The machinery used to make our spelt products is thoroughly cleaned of all wheat residue before the spelt item is produced.  Spelt is also the first item made in a day to help eliminate the cross contamination.
We hope this information is of some assistance to you.

In Good Health,

Rudi's Customer Service
303-447-0495
www.rudisbakery.com Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com