From:
"Kathryn K. Harden" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 13:10:38 -0600

I received this reply when I enquired about their products:

Dear Ms. Harden:
Thank you for visiting our website and for your E-mail message.  It is always a
pleasure to hear from our consumers whose ideas, comments and concerns are very
important to us here at Edy's.

To find the gluten information for our flavors, click on "Freezer Case" and
choose a flavor.  After all the nutritional information you will see the gluten
status.  As a general rule, any gluten in any of our ice cream, frozen yogurt or
novelty products is present only in added bakery products such as cookies or
shortcake.  The ice cream itself contains no gluten.  The modified food starch
that you may find listed in the ingredients is derived from corn and is,
therefore, gluten-free.  In addition, all of our Whole Fruit Sorbet line and all
of our Fruit Bars are gluten-free.

The Dreamery flavors that are gluten free include Banana Boogie, Black Raspberry
Avalanche, Caramel Toffee Bar Heaven, Cashew Praline Parfait, Chocolate Peanut
Butter Chunk, Creme Caramel, Cuppa Joe, Galactic Chocolate Swirl, Harvest Peach
and Vanilla.  If you would like additional information, please feel free to
contact us.

We appreciate your interest in our company and the time you have taken to
contact us.

Lisa Spafford
Consumer Relations Representative
Edy's Grand Ice Cream