From:
Jennifer Stryker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer Stryker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2013 15:04:23 -0700

Summary

1. I have an easy one from years of GF cooking.  Cook your meat, and start
with juice from meat and bits on the bottom of the pan.  If not enough
liquid for the amount of gravy you need, add Chicken Broth for poultry or
pork,  Beef Broth for red meats, enough to cook the bits off the bottom of
the pan.  If low on flavor add chicken or beef bouillon for flavor.
Thicken with corn starch stirred into a cup of water, or less if you have a
small amount of gravy.  Bring to a boil, and if not thick enough add more
cornstarch stirred into water.  I won't get terribly thick, but enough to
make good gravy. Cook until all the whiteness is out of the pot, that means
all of the corn starch was used up.  Stir frequently to keep clumps from
forming, but it is really hard to get lumps using watered corn starch.
Susan in OH

2. So, the only instructions are to blend this up? No cooking/browning,
etc?
How was it? I've been paleo for 18 months, so this sounds great. Especially
since I'm allergic to beef and almonds, very glad to see they aren't
included in the recipe!

- Recipe was good. This is a raw recipe so no cooking. Great also for peope
who are on the raw diet. Enjoy!

Jenny

*******
*******