From:
- Phyllis Chinn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2011 14:51:23 EDT

I tried a recipe from the blog Celiac Family. Here's my blog post and a
link to Heather's recipe.
http://celiacsinthehouse.com/2010/04/gluten-free-menu-plan-spring-break.html I also did a fish cake fried in rice paper from the
Steamy Kitchen cookbook:
http://celiacsinthehouse.com/2010/03/steamy-kitchen-gluten-free-style.html

+++++++
There used to be a website called Adriana's Caravan here in metro
Philadelphia area.  The woman is retiring and selling off her stock.   I bought right
papers from her.  I think I bought 6 or 8 packages when I got the email she
was closing to keep me for a while so I could make
eggrolls.  They are very thin so you have to use 2 if you want a thick
enough coating, but it makes a passable eggroll.
http://www.adrianascaravan.com/
+++++++

I have used Spring Roll Skin, product of Viet Nam, made
+++++++
When you make food fried in the rice wrappers, make sure to read the label
on the wrappers.  Some of these wrappers are made with rice and tapioca, but
some also include a bit of wheat.
++++++++
I used to make my own spring rolls with rice paper.  It was a lot of work,
and on occasion, the rolls opened up in the oil...so I was probably doing
something wrong.  But they were absolutely delicious.  I know I had a recipe,
but it doesn't seem necessary since the insides were just shredded
vegetables, but I'll look for the cookbook.
+++++++

Years ago I made a dish with rice paper - I took a piece of fish and put
cilantro on the softened rice paper first, then the seasoned fish and wrapped
it up and fried it - it wasn't terribly interesting that why I requested
info about rice paper.  Thanks to all of you who responded.