From:
Diana Day <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diana Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2014 16:46:38 -0400

I was diagnosed as gluten intolerant in 2003 and have been gluten free since
then, but it hasn't solved all my health issues. Recently I began reading
the book *Grain Brain* by Dr. David Perlmutter and it's been a revelation!
Dr. Perlmutter is both a neurologist and a nutritionist, so he has a
wonderful background to delve into the grain intolerance issue.

It's a New York Times bestseller and surprisingly easy to read despite all
the serious science he discusses. He explains the rise of Diabetes Type 2
and Alzheimers, which he describes as "Diabetes Type 3".

This book has persuaded me to go grain free and low carb. To think that both
diabetes and Alzheimers can be prevented through diet is a pretty exciting
prospect and worth the effort to avoid all grains, not just the ones that
contain gluten.

Diana

*******
*******