From:
Thai One <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 00:09:17 EST

The following responses came in after my last post on the gf status of
liquors:

1.Be careful with the Bartles and James wine coolers. Some are malt based and
not safe for Celiacs

2. Bailey's Irish Cream is not Gf.

3. The Bacardi Rum that is GF is only the white from what I understand -- not
the dark.

 Smirnoff vodka is made from corn and is GF -- ok unless you are also allergic
to corn.

4.  Sources of gf liquors information : Abigail's List of GF foods and then
contacting manufacturers on the internet.

5. The light Bacardi rum and the Smirnoff vodka or Luskosawa vodka and some
wines are the safe  rather than sorry alternatives.

6. Nobody seems to have been able to get information on the telephone
regarding the gf status of liquors.