From:
Teresa Schmitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 08:50:13 -0700

Hi Everyone,

Although the majority of response to my earlier posting of two "Kosher
for Passover" websites (listed again below) has been positive, I have
also received a few emails which indicate that I may have created some
confusion, and for this I apologize. I would like to offer a couple of
clarifications:

First, I am not Jewish and have no affiliations with these websites or
the organizations which produced them. It is therefore not possible for
me to know which of the products listed may be available in particular
cities or regions or at particular stores, etc. I do know that these
sites list several major brands which should be available throughout the
US, and I did not have trouble finding information regarding most of the
brands that I use.

Second, regarding the issue of wheat as "matzah meal" in Kosher for
Passover products this is indeed something to be aware of and I thank
those who raised the issue. My prior post should have been more clear
that I myself have used these websites only as a reference for
cosmetics, toiletries, household cleaners and the like (always of course
double-checking the ingredients listed on the package) and *not for food
products of any kind*. I have not seen matzah meal listed as an
ingredient in any of the cosmetics, toiletries, etc., that I have
checked, but certainly if this were listed it would be something to
question. Also, in particular, the Kosherfinder website explains on the
first page of the Cosmetics listing that they have researched and
confirmed that the products listed as *acceptable* are free of wheat,
wheat germ, oats, oat flour, steropro, wheat alcohol, etc. As always,
everyone should decide for themselves the usefulness and appropriateness
of this information with regards to their particular situation.

I hope this is helpful, and again I apologize if I have caused any
misunderstandings.

Thank you,

Teresa

Kosherfinder - Passover 5761: with Rabbi Avrohom Blumenkrantz
http://www.kosherfinder.com/kosherfinder/pesach/docs.asp

Chicago Rabbinical Council Pesach 5761- 2001 Product Information
http://www.kashrut.com/Passover/crc2001intro/