From:
Janet Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2006 13:37:11 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I want to clarify a little more about the gluten-free programs in the USA.
I recently posted a correction and gave you details on the GIG gluten-free
program.  I thought I should let everyone know that CSA has a very strong
gluten-free program too, called the "CSA Recognition Seal."   The seal
means the product is governed under a "program" that includes multiple
services.  It also means the product is the most "risk free" choice and
source ingredients do not contain (nor are contaminated) with wheat,
barley, rye or oats.  Audits (i.e., site inspections) are performed
initially as well as occur anywhere along the product life (from field to
fork).  This means that at random a product may be pulled from the shelf
and tested.

"CSA is the "best of the best."  Testing is utilized in the CSA Recognition
Program. Testing throughout the program culminates in verification that the
end product continues to be risk free at less than 3ppm"

For more information, see:
http://www.csaceliacs.org/CSASealofRecognition.php

I don't know about you but I like see the seal of approval and am ready
to see this on all our products!

Warm Regards,
Janet Kline
Charlotte, NC