Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 06:03:14 -0500

Someone had posted that they wanted a recipe for stuffing. Last week our
support group had a Thanksgiving Dinner Gluten Free and one of our
members brought stuffing that was pretty good. It's the 1st time I've
had stuffing in 4 years since I was diagnosed and I thought I would post
it being so close to Thanksgiving.

DRESSING/STUFFING

1/2 cup margarine
2 cups onion, chopped
2 cups celery, chopped
1/4 cup parsley, fresh, chopped
8 oz. mushrooms, chopped
11-13 cups dried out gluten free bread cubes
1-2 tbl poultry seasoning
1-1 1/2 tsp salt
1-2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp black pepper
1-2 tsp sage, ground
3-4 cups chicken broth
2-4 cups chicken cooked, diced
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp baking powder

Melt margarine in a skillet and saute onion, celery parsley and
mushrooms. Put gluten-free bread cubes in a large bowl. Add all the
seasonings and toss well. Pour in broth to make mixture quite moist.
Fold in diced chicken. Add eggs and toss together well. Add the baking
powder and mix well. Place stuffing mixture in a greased 9 x 13 baking
pan and cover with foil. Bake at 350' for 30 minutes, remove foil and
continue baking for another 15 to 20 minutes.

ENJOY!

Sue Oliver
Stark County Celiac Support Group