From:
"Dennis J. Tonetti" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 01:21:45 -0400

Hi all,

Well, after two years of extensive research, going
gluten free two years ago (they refused to do the
tests), the doctors are now is agreement that it was
Celiac based on the dramatic changes in the Synthroid
levels, no longer lactose intolerant, and losing 50
pounds doing nothing.  AFter going gluten free, the
Synthroid levels had to constantly be re-adjusted down
from 500 Mcgs to the current 300Mcgs. Thirty years
of "untreated" hypothyroidism because of malabsorption
caused by the celiac.

Part two of my research was confirmed by Mayo in the
all the Celiac/synthroid mess was complicated by
Acute Intermittent Porphyria - strickly a hereditary
disease.  The two make for a nasty combination.

What happened 4 years ago was a total body meltdown
from MS symptoms, Mg symptoms to short term memory
loss and episodic amnesia.  The best the doctors
could come up with was "a mental case" suffering from
panic attacks -- hence, I had to solve the problem
myself. They even went so far as to withhold primary
care, told to use the Emergency room until I agreed
to be psychologically tested.  This I did.  All it proved
was that I was  normal with an IQ > 99 percentile.

Since that was not the diagnoses they wanted
they terminated my primary care with a certified letter
and was switched over to a dr. specializing in family
practice and babies.  Neat huh?

Dennis