Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:25:13 EDT

Hi to the List,

   I was recently invited to a wedding, and I will attend. It falls in late
Oct.

   I am friends with the groom, but we aren't the closest of friends, so I
don't want to impose upon him/be a pain.

   I kind of assumed that there would be a sit-down dinner, and I asked my
friend that when the time comes closer, could I ask the caterer to make me a
special meal.

   I just found out from my friend today that it will be a buffet-style
dinner. The main dishes are roast beef, turkey, green beans, ziti, soup, and a few
other items.

   Now  I am confused what to do. Is it safe in the first place for Celiacs
to eat at affairs with buffet-style meals? Should I ask him if I can ask the
caterer beforehand the ingredients of each dish, or is it better if I bring my
own food? Would a caterer even be willing to cook up my own food? Lastly,
should I just go to the party, and eat at home or a local restaurant afterwards?

   I dont' want to be a bull in the china shop type, but I also want to eat
gf.

   How have others handled this problem in the past? Any solutions which
would keep both parties satisfied? Keep In mind, this is a friend, but not the
closest of my friends.

    Thanks for your help,
    Amy Kravitz [log in to unmask]