From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:55:31 -0800

Hi Celiacs!
Lately I had run into 2 doctors who weren't too familiar with celiac, as
you know...
Today, however, I took my friend again to a walk-in clinic here in BC and
found a knowledgeable doctor! His wife has celiac disease!! He gave us the
results of the celiac blood tests - negative.. but he said that was
probably a false negative because my friend Lucia was not eating much
gluten at the time. He ordered a biopsy for her that will be more accurate.
The doctor recommended the 5 Bette Hagman books that his wife likes the best.
He said celiac disease is very common but not many know about it!
It was a huge pleasant surprise to meet someone in the know!
His name is Dr. Grant Kinsley for anyone in BC. He works in a walk-in so he
is hard to track down but it sure is worth it.
I will summarize the results of my blood testing question as soon as I can.

Celiac best,
Susan