From:
Dick LeTourneau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 06:54:34 -0500

I had read some pretty bad horror stories in the archives concerning how cruise ships handled (or didn't handle) a gf diet. My wife and I just returned from a week long cruise on Princess Cruise Lines. Prior to leaving I went on their web site and checked the box for "Gluten Free". When I arrived in the dining room the head waiter took over and handled everything. Each night he'd take my order from the next night's menu and confer with the chef. when I arrived the next night, a special variation of what I had chosen was made (if necessary). If it couldn't be made gf a substitution was offered. At no time was I made to feel like an imposition or treated less than wonderfully.