From:
Cindy Massias <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cindy Massias <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 21:01:23 -0400

Hello!
Thank all of you who has taking the time to help me!.

  I have been having trouble with my memory for the past nine years after
the birth of my first child. The were times in which I would not remember
my sister in law's name (marry to my brother 17 years!) and when I would
mentioned to somebody they would say : Oh, my memory is bad too do not
worry. Seven year went by when I had my forth child and then is when it
really went bad. I had a very bad case of anemia ( + or - 5.4 hemoglobin
after birth of baby).
My doctors blamed my loss of memory to my anemia. I started in prescription
iron pills for 7 month. Went to a hematologist  give over the counter iron
pill, I mentioned to him about my brother having CD. He said you are fine.
I was absolutely desperate. I was very weak could not remember anything. If
I was on way  to pick up my children from I would turn around and come back
home because I did not know were I was going, if one of them asked my for
more milk when I got to frigidere I could not remember what I was supposed
to get, 2+5-3 was absolutely confusing. I can not read because my mind can
not focus in the same sentence. I have a hard time comprehending the news
or what I read. I would be very depressed over nothing.
In December 2001 I went to South America to see a  hematologist and he said
a dead person more iron than me! Soon after getting IV iron I felt strong
and not so confused . Couple of month after all of the symptoms came back
so I saw my doctor again here in FL and he said I was fine I mentioned
"again"  having a brother celiac  could that me my problem she insisted no.
Went back to South A. to get a biopsy  and indeed a was celiac. I have been
on the GF diet and my memory still the same I did gained weight and look
healthier but still have  mental haze, confused etc.
Is this a typical symptoms of CD? Will it go way? I am very concerned.

Cindy