From:
Robert Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2008 16:11:18 -0400

I have had Celiac for many years but have been diagnosed and gluten-free for nine months. The diet has not been trying and I have discovered new and creative ways of cooking (I do the cooking for me and the love of my life) but I have found the GF beers to a poor substitute. I discovered online that the brewers of Budweiser claim their beer to be gluten-free, that the brewing process and filtering remove or negate the barley gluten. Sapporo beer makes the same claim. I decided to risk a gut test and drank three barley beers. I repeated in a few days with two beers. I had no short term or long term gastric reaction. One CSA writer went as far to say that a beer every couple of weeks may not be harmful.
I realize that those of us with Celiac do not have the same level of gluten sensitivity, so I am not recommending any do as I have done. My question is, could the scientists at Bud be correct?
Bob in VA

*******
*******