Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:10:25 EDT

Hi to the Group,

   Just prior to this message I was looking at the CSA/USA "Bible" because I
am going to a function being held by my local chapter this weekend. All
participants are required to bring a GF recipe with them. I was planning to go to my
local supermarket this evening to pick up the ingredients for the recipe I
wanted to make.

   I got a recipe I want, and I was scanning the guide for brands I can buy.
I found that the mass-majority of the products are listed under Hy-Vee's
Supermarkets, Safeway Supermarkets, or Shaw's Supermarkets. That's all  fine and
dandy if you happen to live near one of the above markets, however, none of
these markets are in my homestate.

    We have a Trader Joe's , but it's 40 min. to the north of me.

    I just wish that the CSA/USA listing listed more popular  household named
brands instead of the names of markets which carry them. I find it makes it
more difficult for me to shop, especially if I am planning to make a recipe for
other Celiacs who are very reactive to gf foods(I am asymptomatic so one
small errror is ok for me, but I realize it's not for others Ill be making the
recipe for.) I'm also not a trained label reader at this point.

   I'm probably going to have to make the trip 40 miles north to the Trader
Joe's so that I can shop for this function, because I have NO CLUE which common
brands I can use in the local supermarket I attend. I don't want the others
to get sick from my cooking.

   Sorry if I'm venting. Have others found this to be a similar case for
them? Any input would be appreciated.

   Thanks,
   Amy Kravitz [log in to unmask]