From:
Jill Tongen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 16:15:59 -0500

I just received my blood tests results: anti-gliadin IgG was moderately
elevated, while your IgA was normal, as was your anti-endomycium and
reticulum.  The IgA is the most specific while the IgG is more
sensitive.  Bottomline is that the labs are suggestive but not definitive.

Anyone know the laymans terms for the above diagnosis?

Doc wants to do a biopsy.  Can someone tell me what to expect?  Also, I
found info on Celiac on my own by searching the net and asked doc to check
for it.  I have hashimotos thyroiditis and found an interesting article
linking the two diseases together.  I've sufferred with incredible lower
abdominal pain and changes in stools for two years now.  However, I do not
have signs of weight loss.  In reading the website I couldn't tell if the
weight loss is common to all celiacs??

Thanks for your help!

Jill