From:
Hot Head <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 12:23:53 -0500

At 7:23 PM -0500 2/28/08, Lin Goldkrantz wrote:

>on occasion, especially if I have a child with me or we're on the
>road, it's the most convenient quick lunch, and they're all over the
>place.

So, Lin poses an extremely relevant issue for many of us, who are
often with kids or other family, or with friends -- when time has
gotten away from us, totally unexpectedly ... and we, along with
others who are with us, are in need of some kind of meal.  Not enough
time or $ for a nice sit-down lunch, where you can carefully explain
your needs to a restaurant.

Of course (!) -- most of us probably try to plan for an emergency by
carrying something our cars or on our person.  But there are just
those times when you just didn't expect to be out so long or had to
leave in a big hurry -- or thought you had something with you to eat
but didn't!

So, here is my question to the group - - - - - -

When you find yourself in a situation of being out and about -- you
haven't planned for it, and you have others with you who also need to
eat:  WHAT do you consider your SAFEST bet to getting at least enough
food to get you by for a few hours?

Rule #1:  PLEASE, do NOT send me a litany of things you always try to
have with you for food emergencies.  (Maybe that is fodder for
another post subject!)  I am talking about times when you don't have
access to that type of thing, and you are with others who need to
also eat.  "Normal" (LOL) people would probably stop at McDonald's or
some other fast food place, per Lin's post, in the type of situation
I describe.

Rule #2:  Also, fer cryin' out loud, please don't flame me for
sometimes wanting to eat at restaurants that are, otherwise, probably
not all that healthy, GF aside.  Sometimes we all just gotta do what
we gotta do.

If your answer happens to be some quick serve, fast casual or fast
food restaurant -- please tell me what you order in those places that
you feel safe with, maybe even how you request that it be prepared.

I *will* summarize, though it may take me awhile, if I get an
avalanche of responses on this one.  Hmmm.  If I get just a few
to quickly eat anywhere while on the go, and with others along.  But
I'll bet a lot of you out there really want to KNOW what options
others have come up with!