Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 2009 07:39:40 -0400

There is a recipe in the May 2003 Bon Appetit Mexican issue that can be
easily made with the brown rice tortillas people have been talking about
recently.  It is totally awesome!

Here's the sandwich:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/BRIE-AND-WALNUT-QUESADILLAS-WITH-TROPICAL-FRUIT-SALSA-1274851
*http://tinyurl.com/m6vf4c*

The candied walnuts that are called for are here:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/CANDIED-MAPLE-WALNUTS-1275262
*http://tinyurl.com/n6a6gt*

I followed the recipe except if you are using the rice tortillas you
have to melt the butter and brush it on one side of the tortilla (cold
butter didn't stick to the surface of the tortilla). I also sprinkled
the finished sandwiches with a little salt and omitted the papaya from
the salsa.

If you make 1/4 of the recipe use 2 tortillas, 1/4 pound of brie.

These are truly yummy, and the rice tortillas have a great texture when
fried in this manner.

Alice

--
Please note that Alice DeLuca's email address is now [log in to unmask]