From:
Merrie Stith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 16:05:44 EST

Prompted by Sidona getting the info on Kahlua I searched the web and
found out about DiSarrono Amaretto.  Actually, I found out that it is
imported by Bacardi, and that the manufacturer in Italy assured Bacardi
that it is GF. My original question addressed all sources of grain in
the beverages, so I feel rather safe with their answer. The alcohol, and
colorings are all cane based, which would also account for the sweetness
in the product.

I also went to rum.com which is the web page for Captain Morgan spiced
rums.  On their FAQ page they list the kosher status, as well as the
sulfite and gluten status of each of their products.  All varieties
stated "none" in both the sulfites and glutens listings.  So good news
there as well, for anyone who was looking for a spiced rum.

The consumption of alcohol is a personal choice, and this post is not
intended to encourage you to drink if you don't think you should.  Just
wanted to give you the info I found.

Merrie in KS