From:
Janet Lowery <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Lowery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2008 14:23:40 -0500

JUNE SUPPORT MEETING
Saturday, June 21 at 2:00 p.m.

Speaker: Bill Eyl, President-Elect, CSA/USA

GF Birthday Cake Silent Auction & Bake Sale

Centennial Medical Center
2300 Patterson Street, Nashville
3rd Floor Tower Training Room

*Please come early to help set up!

Meeting Agenda
Speaker: Bill Eyl, President-Elect, Celiac Sprue Association/USA One of
Bill¹s goals since being elected has been to improve communication between
the national and local chapters. The best way he feels he can do this is to
visit as many chapters as he can. In addition to his work with CSA, Bill
teaches dog obedience through public classes and private instruction. Bill
is a retired high school chemistry and biology teacher, and formerly worked
at the University of Miami ­ Florida. In addition to speaking about CSA¹s
member services, Bill, a lifelong celiac, will address other questions you
may have. Some will include:
€Will medications ever have to comply with the same labeling requirements as
food?
€Will barley and rye ever be identified on food labels such as wheat has
come to be?
€Does every celiac have antibodies before they are diagnosed?
€Is there any way of knowing how long someone has had CD before being
diagnosed?

GF Birthday Cake Silent Auction & Bake Sale:
Needed: Bakers and Buyers!!! If you like to bake we need your help! If you
have an appetite for delicious baked goods we need you, too! Stock your
freezers now! Proceeds will benefit our support group. Items needed:
Decorated GF Birthday Cakes, Breads, Muffins (6/plate), Pies, Cookies (1
doz/plate), Cupcakes (6/plate), Individually wrapped large brownies. Please
provide a list of ingredients for each food. Questions? Contact Peggy at
[log in to unmask] or Cheryl at

Refreshments: We will not share GF dishes at this meeting. Please let Brenda
Boswell, Hospitality Chair, know in advance if you are able to provide a
beverage, 615-500-4231 or [log in to unmask]

GF Product Samples: Beeler Pork's Heluka Farmed Gluten Free Ham
www.beelerspurepork.com  The Beeler's are a fifth generation operated family
farm that has initiated a farming system named Heluka which sets the
standard for humane treatment of livestock.

Directions to Centennial Medical Center:
From 40, take Church St. exit West. Follow Elliston Place to 23rd Ave., turn
right, go approximately two blocks. Under black walkway, turn left into
parking garage. Take elevator to 3rd floor.

From 440, take West End to Elliston Place. Turn left on 23rd Ave.,