From:
Cathy Frank <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cathy Frank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:41:56 -0500

I hope that everyone had the opportunity to see the fine work the ACTF
has done (July 18th posting) in compiling information into a
persuasive letter that we can all send to our elected officials.

I would like to urge you to not only go to the website and send letters, a
very quick process, but to send a letter, such as the one written below,
to your e-mail contacts asking them to help in this most important
effort. I sent this to 40 of my contacts. With over 3,000 of us listserv
members sending out a single letter we should be able to make a
real difference!  THANK YOU!

Dear friends and family,

Many of you know that our son, Jason, was recently diagnosed with
the life-long condition, Celiac disease. In short, CD is a gluten
intolerence which means that ANY amount of wheat, rye or barley
ingested causes intestinal damage which can lead to vast array of
ilness, most commonly: malnutrition, anemia, osteoporosis and
lymphoma.

One of our greatest obstacles is finding foods in ordinary
supermarkets that Jason can eat. Wheat comes in too many forms,
flavorings and such to mention, but, believe me when I tell you it is a
full time job calling companies to varify that some obscure ingredient
is gluten free.

WON'T YOU PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT to go to
www.capwiz.com/celiac - find your Elected Officials and e-mail each of
them one of the prepared letters requesting better labeling laws?

WE THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to help!!

Sincerely,

Cathy

PS. E-mail below details letters being sent to congress.

Note: I sent the text from the Task forces posting