From:
Desba Silvers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Desba Silvers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2007 21:12:08 -0400

Sorry its taken me this long to do get back to you all. I had LOTS of
everyone says yes! A few said no, but then we are all different, right?

 As for suggestions, thank you all. I have actually been gluten free for a
good 10 months now, and no intestinal distress during this time. (I used the
term IBS for it in my last post, not meaning to suggest it had been
medically determined as such) I have been diagnosed with all 18 tenderpoints
for fibro. I have not had the celiac testing done, nor has my doctor taken
me seriously enough when I talk about the digestive reactions to even
consider testing for anything. ( I am in search of a more open minded
doctor. I only wish my state health insurance would cover a naturopath!)

 It would appear that there is a lot of misdiagnosis between these two
problems, as there are many similar symptoms with these as well as the
chronic fatigue and lupus. Just so many signs the body can give for so many
different things that can be wrong.
I am glad to hear that so many of you who thought you had Fibro have been
able to get rid of or at least lessen the severity of your symptoms with the
GF diet. I need to look into the low oxalate diet some more for myself.

Personally my Fibro symptoms and flares (which I have been suffering from
for these last 3 weeks) don't seem to coincide with anything I eat or drink.
The gluten causes great itchiness, and lots of hives, and the digestive
upset.
 The Fibro is muscle/ ligament/other tissue fatigue (exhaustion, aches, as
though I'd just run a marathon type of fatigue) and great pain, with
stiffness. not so much joints, but them too, hard to separate when
everything hurts and about all I can do is take warm baths and sleep.

I don't know if this helps anyone, except to say that since there DOES seem
to be so much cross/mis-diagnosis that its good to look into options for
both and find what works. again, as every body is different, every possible
helpful thing is also different, which is why it helps to just know that
there are others out there going through the same stuff....
--
Desba Silvers