From:
Suzyn Dobroski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 1996 22:16:17 -0400

=BB I am 4 months pregnant! I have been managing quite well (no morning
=BB sickness) and staying pretty strict on my diet. Fortunately, I am not
=BB ultra sensitive (vinegar, etc.), because I've been obsessed with
=BB pickles.  Any advice for the next 5 months, for dealing with the
=BB hospital, and the baby?

I highly recommend you pack more food than personal items, have a family
member bring your meals from home, and/or be discharged as soon as you are
permitted.

Both of my children were delivered on a Saturday.  Although my gluten-free
status was brought to the attention of my doctor, the hospital birthing
center, written into my chart, etc., all was worthless as there were no
dieticians on duty either week-end.  The "convenience" meals were prepared
by a nurse's aide in a tiny kitchen located on the floor.  Need I say more
about their content.

Attempting to reach someone in the hospital cafeteria/kitchen after my
first birthing experience was such a nightmare!  When I was expecting my
second, I had NO expectation that there would be ANYTHING for me to eat.
 Therefore,  my suitcase was my kitchen.  I was fortunate to have a small
refrigerator in the room.

Forget the clothes, booties, and birthing paraphenalia...just bring FOOD!
After you have birthed that sweet child you will be STARVING!  And you
can't afford to go without or with hospital food that will poison you!