Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:27:21 -0600

Alamo Celiac San Antonio Thanksgiving Dinner

18 November
Saturday 12 noon
Covenant Presbyterian Church, 211 Roleto DrRSVP: 210-340-0648 or e-mail, [log in to unmask], not later than noon, Friday,17 November
Our Thanksgiving dinner to be held at noon on Saturday, November 18, at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 211 Roleto Drive in San Antonio, is coming right up. Reservations need to be in by Friday, November 17, at noon.

This event is planned as an old fashioned potluck style Thanksgiving dinner, with all of us bringing something. This is a great opportunity for us to broaden our opinions about what a traditional gluten-free Thanksgiving can be. If each of us focuses on making something that is part of our traditional family heritage, this will be a great experience for all of us.

In the past we have had about 60-70 people attend. We have a large turkey and a ham on the menu, and we hope some of you will want to bring your family dressing or stuffing. There are some dressing recipes in the Alamo Celiac Cookbook, or you can modify your family recipe to use gluten-free ingredients.

Alamo Celiac San Antonio will provide the table settings and drinks. If you have not attended before, and you need more assistance deciding what to bring, please let me know. Don't forget to bring a list of ingredients, because some of us have multiple dietary restrictions. There is more information about this event online at http://www.alamoceliac.org/accalsanov06.html

The Stevens family, who represent ROCKSA, will be at the dinner with crafts for the kids. They always have a good time making something.

There is one more request which I forgot to mention in the newsletter article. If you are willing to pick up someone who needs transportation, please let me know. I am aware of several of our members who have not attended because of complications getting to our meetings. Also, if you yourself need a ride, please let me know. I hope to be able to find transportation for anyone who needs it. Maybe some of you from surrounding towns will want to carpool.

RSVP to me ([log in to unmask] or 210-340-0648) by Friday noon, and tell me what you want to bring and how many family members will be attending with you. If you have any other questions, please call or e-mail me.

Hospitality Co-Chair Celia Glasgow has a special request: If you can, either come a little early to help set up the tables and the food and drinks or stay a little later to help restore the area after the meal.

Please join us. We will all be thankful for our gluten-free friends.

Anne Barfield

Chair, Alamo Celiac San Antonio
www.chickenparadise.com
210-340-0648