Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 07:30:26 EDT

Hi everyone,
      For those who missed it or have forgotten, I was on a search for the
Mr. Krispers and anyone who had used them. Only got several replies on where to
find them, no one wrote about eating them.   I had done a survey from the
company and as my "reward,"  they sent me 4 packages to try and will call again to
get my opinion.

Weeeelll.... I had been told during that initial survey, very emphatically
that the product is GF! And indeed, when you read the ingredients it all seems
fine, even the "natural  flavor" was listed as coming from a vegetable and
dairy source (for the BBQ flavor). BUT, then the kicker...there at the very bottom
of the ingredients list in bold is the disclaimer:   MAY  CONTAIN   TRACE
AMOUNTS  OF  TREE NUTS, SOY & WHEAT.  This was on the BBQ flavor and the other 3
they sent, Cheddar Salsa, Sour Cream & Onion and Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper,
the disclaimer read:  MADE  IN A  FACILITY THAT  USES DAIRY, SOY, TREE NUTS &
WHEAT.

So, it seems that a very sensitive celiac probably shouldn't eat them.  But
everyone must make their own choice...just what the "trace amounts"  mean or
how bad is the chance of cross contamination is anyone's guess.

I have no financial interest in this company, just always looking for
something safe to eat that actually tastes good.
PS: I did taste all  four of the flavors...to me the Cheddar Salsa had the
best taste, although very mild, the Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper was also good, not
overly salty and no noticeable pepper taste (I'm not a pepper fan), the BBQ
flavor was a very blah taste and the Sour Cream & Onion had NO flavor at all.

Please, no emails telling me I shouldn't try things that have the chance of
being harmful, I know the facts and
fortunately I'm not very sensitive and I probably take more risks than most
of you, (with no ill effects), so save the lectures, thanks.  Happy GF  eating!
     JS in IL