Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 20:49:49 -0400

To all participating groups, vendors, volunteers, walkers, and anyone else who has had a positive impact on the celiac community:

We have successfully completed the Third International Walk for Celiac Disease. Many groups across the USA and other countries participated in this event, sponsored by the University of Maryland-Center for Celiac Research.

I want to thank each and every one of you for all of your hard work and committment to this event. I know how much time and energy it takes to organize these walks. I am hopeful that we can continue to build on the foundation we have, so that someday the International Walk for Celiac Disease is as popular as the Race for the Cure.

Congress has declared May as Celiac Awareness Month. Therefore, the International Walk will continue to be held in May. These walks are a great opportunity to increase the awareness of this disease to the general population.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for next year's walk, please feel free to contact me.
As soon as all of the totals are in for the participating groups, we will post them on the website.

Thank you again for helping us to "Make Tracks for Celiacs"

Sincerely,

Julie Gaereminck, Volunteer Chairperson from the Tri-County Celiac Support Group in Michigan.