From:
Linda Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 16:42:41 EST

My daughter (21) has been biopsy diagnosed for celiac disease for 3 weeks.

She had some bloating, some gas and some diarrhea for about two years
preceding her being tested. Her symptoms were not extreme - there was no
weight loss.   During this time she had no skin problems.  She has been on
the gluten free diet for 3 weeks.  She has been extremely careful and we have
researched back to the manufacturer almost everything she is eating.  I also
am celiac,  so many things I was already sure about.  Two weeks ago she
started breaking out on her back.  Today she was home from school and I saw
the lesions and they look just like the pictures displayed on the
celiac-dermititis page.  She is very upset, because she has been trying so
hard.  Why would these begin once we got on the diet.  We of course have not
seen a dermatologist yet, but could someone tell me is dapsone an oral
medication or is it a cream - what are the hematologic side effects the
CSA/USA handbook mentions.  Does this medication really work, or should we
expect the worst as far as more skin problems.  Thanks for any help.  I don't
know what I would have done without this list.  It has been a gift from God
for me.  Thanks!!