From:
Lance Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 15:17:34 EDT

Hello, everyone.

I've been having problems with fats, and I can't find any explanation for it.
My symptoms are not like the ones I hear on this listserver.  Most people
here get oily bowels when eating fat due to damage of the intestine.

I've been GF as far as I know for almost 6 months.  I've found that whenever
I eat something high in fat, I sleep horribly.  I usually wake up with a
stuffed nose and a tickling in the lungs, as well as coughing up a bit of
mucus.  Often it comes with a headache.  At first I thought it was just a
reaction to milk and butter, so I stopped eating these.  Now I've found that
even with olive oil, this happens.  It usually does not give me diahrea,
though I think it may be giving me constipation.  I've tried using pancreatic
enzymes, licorice, and L-glutimine.  I also drink a lot of peppermint tea,
but nothing seems to change it any.

Does anybody else on this list have these problems? Could this be something
other than an absorption problem?  If it is an absorption problem, what more
can I do to help digest fats?

Thanks for your help in advance,
lance