From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 23:42:58 -0400

[log in to unmask] wrote:

>Harmony Farms rice milks are both lactose and gluten free. I called the
>company and the appropriate person called me back the next day. He was
>really nice and sounded like he knew what he was talking about. The "rice
>syrup solids" they use comes from partially milled brown rice and nothing
>else.

This doesn't make sense. Brown rice doesn't magically turn itself from a
complex carbohydrate into syrup without some sort of enzyme (a catalyst in
chemical terms). Sometimes barley enzymes are used. Sometimes other things.
What this outfit hasn't disclosed it just what they use.

Their web site is at: http://www.treeoflife.com/hfricebevs.htm
but it says the same thing.

Don.