From:
Helen Kochenderfer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 23:39:17 -0500

I posted in November,  ten weeks after diagnosis and diet change,
still having symptoms,  somewhat discouraged,   asking how long
does it take to recover.  I received many replies ranging from a week
to 2 years,  and great encouragement for which I am still grateful.

I thought I would let you know that my turning point for relief of
symptoms (diarrhea) was four months,  and that something else
happened that nobody mentioned in their emails to me.   All
the focus was on reduction on unpleasant symptoms.    What
I hadn't expected was the major increase in stamina and energy.
I was a relatively healthy person upon diagnosis,   aged 42,
but I hadn't realized how compromised I was in terms of
my health outside of the obvious symptoms.  I used to do one or two
physical things and then plan rest (reading, watching TV)
time before doing something else.    All of a sudden I am
able to do five or six things in a day!  It is amazing, and it
feels great - I feel great.   So,  I hope this is encouragement
to others in the "waiting game" - it can be even better
than you imagined!