From:
Nancy McPherson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 18:38:34 +0000

Must correct the misinformation:  My doctor recommended Betaine Hcl, not
Beta Hcl as I had reported, and cautioned that it could cause burning of the
esophagus and digestive tract (since it is Hydrochloric acid, as several
respondents pointed out), so advised me to take just one capsule per day
with a meal to begin with until I know whether I can tolerate it.  Thanks
for your patience, fellow patients!  Nancy in So. Oregon