From:
Richard Lovegrove <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Lovegrove <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 08:40:17 -0500

I propose we go at this turkey question from another angle. We know
now that all you have to do to find a GF turkey is read the
ingredients so it's really simple. You don't need to call the company
or even go online, although one can most certainly do that if it
makes you feel safer..

Does anybody anywhere actually know of an unstuffed plain bird that
they have confirmed has gluten? Specifically:

-- It should be one that's in the market right now. I'm not talking
about one that had gluten 5 years ago because it really doesn't
matter if that brand doesn't have gluten now. Five years ago is five
years ago.

--I need a specific brand. Too often people say, "I know I saw one
somewhere but I don't remember the brand or where I saw it" or the
vague, "That stuff they inject it with COULD have gluten."

--I'm not worried about gravy packets. I know that some Butterball
turkeys have a double-wrapped gravy packet.

--This should be the kind of turkey you'd pick up to cook for the
holidays. One person wrote me to say she had seen a teriyaki flavored
turkey with wheat (the soy sauce) but I'm not talking about that type
of thing. I don't know about you, but we generally don't eat teriyaki
flavored turkey for Thanksgiving.

I'll summarize.

Thanks
Richard