From:
"T.M. Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
T.M. Jones
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2008 14:15:26 -0400

Thanks to everyone who replied to my query about restaurants in San
Antonio, Austin and Dallas. I have more places to chose that I can get to -
but that's a nice feeling ;)

San Antonio:

Paloma Blanca, Bistro Vatel, Biga on the Banks, Aldalco's, The Cove, Rios' Fine
Tex-Mex, Rio Mambo and Little Aussie Bakery and Cafe. The last place 100%
gluten free and part of the reason for our detour to SA. Everyone absolutely
raved about the quality of the meals and baked goods they had there - good
enough even for glutenoids to enjoy! One person noted that the owner of
Chicken Paradise has gf menus for us to review at the B&B.

Austin:

North by Northwest, Sampaio's, Z'Tejas Arboretum, Maudies Tex-Mex and Wild
Wood Arts Cafe. Everyone raved about WWAC and said there is only one
gluten item on the menu and that the food and baked goods there are
amazing. They no longer use spelt there.

Dallas:

Blue Mesa Grill, Kozy Kitchen and Delicious-n-fit (in Plano). D-N-F is also 100%
gluten free and has an extensive menu, a 'cake of the day' and other sweet
treats. The chocolate cake (seemed like everyone's favorite) is available daily.

Kozy Kithen has a co-owner with Celiac. They have a pastry chef who trained
at the Cordon Bleu. She makes six gluten free desserts daily, including several
cheesecakes with crusts. Many of the lunch and dinner options are naturally
gluten free. Interestingly, no one on the list mentioned this place to me.
Someone told me about it on www.tripadvisor.com.

Also, inside the Adolphus in Dallas there is a casual restaurant called 'The
Bistro'. They are now training the staff on gluten free choices and service.
They will also accomodate gluten free Afternoon Tea service with advanced
notice. You can contact them directly about pricing and how long a notice
they need. (www.adolphushotel.com) They only do tea there at 3 pm and so
we can not enjoy it this trip but I hope you Dallas folks will support the Chef in
his efforts to cater to your community. We have Afternoon Tea here at the
Four Seasons, complete with gluten free home made scones!!!!!

Thanks to the list mates who took the time to help me! Now I can not wait to
get to Texas!