From:
Philip Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 21:36:34 -0500

Summary #5: United Airlines

Summary by Margareta Jacobs

Thanks for posting this on the list.  I just called United to express my
opinion on their cancellation of gluten free meals.  Julio, customer
service rep, stated that United is getting saturated with calls from
celiacs.  He stated that the message to getting to the top management.  For
now, after reading the latest post, I'm switching to American. Besides, I
read they have more leg room also.

Maureen in California
Jim Alexander <[log in to unmask]>

(United also has a fax number: 1-877-406-1059. We faxed our complains.
Margareta Morrison).

I will check w/ my father who is an attorney in Virginia/D.C.  He would
know someone who would be able to try a case like this...

I wonder if we might not get some action from United by simply using the old
competition routine: Gosh, you don't serve GF meals anymore, so I guess I'll
just have to take my business to BA and AA who serve and seem to know all
about gf meals! Bev, outside Chicago....a UA hub!!

But why should we worry about this? I would rather bring my own food that I
trust.

Our lobbying efforts should be on the FDA to promote clear accurate
labelling of foods. We should forget the airlines. We only have so much
energy!  Susan Ivey <[log in to unmask]>